FAQs about the Integrated Teleprompters
1. How do I assemble the teleprompter?
2. How do I remove the screw from the tripod's quick release plate?
If you have difficulty removing the screw from the tripod's quick release plate, look for a C-Clip that is holding the screw in place. The c-clip may be on the back of the quick release or under the rubber piece on top. You may need to remove the rubber cover on top of the quick release to expose the c-clip. Use something like a very small flat head screwdriver to push the c-clip away from the screw until the clip is completely removed.
WARNING: When you use the screwdriver, make sure you face it away from your body. You donít want to slip and stab yourself.
When the clip is removed, you need to unscrew and pull the screw at the same time back through the hole. Install the provided screw.
3. How big is the teleprompter? The R810 models are 9" x 11" x 1.25" when folded down. The R57 models are 5.5" x 7.5" x 1.25" when folded down.
4. What is the reflective qualities of the glass? The beam splitter glass allows 70% visible light transmission (VLT). It reflects the image from the iPad but also allows the video camera to capture the image on the other side of the glass.
5. What should I do if the words are difficult to read? Go into the Settings of the projection device (iPad, Android tablet, iPhone, or Smartphone) and turn up the brightness. Make sure the black cloth seals off any light from entering behind the reflective glass.
6. Does the fabric come with the teleprompter? Yes, it comes with the black fabric. Some of the photos do not show the fabric on it for the purpose of showing you how it works. The fabric is attached with Velcro, so it can be easily removed and stored. Depending on the type of video camera that you have, you may want to make some adjustments to the fabric. For example, if your camera has a large lens, you may want to cut a hole in the fabric and stick only the lens through it rather than cover the whole camera.
7. What do I use to clean the reflective glass? Sometimes using a lint free cloth is sufficient to remove dust from the glass. The bag that comes with Oakley glasses can work very well to remove dust and smudges from the glass. If something more is needed, use a mild window cleaner such as Windex, Glass Plus, etc. These types of cleaners work well with a clean soft lint free cloth. It is NOT recommended that you use anything abrassive. The frequency of cleaning will not affect the glass in any way. Using a window cleaner may result in streaks. We have rinsed the window cleaner streaked glass with water and wiped it off with great success. You may want to remove the framed glass from the teleprompter before rinsing it with water.
Featured Case Study
Brian Katzung, from the Business Resources in Northbrook, Illinois, talks about how a highly-capable video studio can be built with a modest budget and operated by one person. This video is the second in a two part case study. The R810-10 Teleprompter and PromptSmart teleprompter application were used to produce this video. Click the image above to view the recording.
How do teleprompters work?
Teleprompters allow you to read rolling text while looking directly into a camera. The ...
To read more, click here.
Robyn Oglesby, from macsources.com, performed a review of our R810-10 and posted it on YouTube. Click the image above to view the video and read other testimonials.